Monday, May 2, 2011
Teapot for Silhouette
Hey! This week in the Silhouette Online Store, watch for my 3D teapot design. I am including some pictures and instructions on how to assemble it in this post.
1. Cut out all pieces.
2. Fold along perforations. (but i don't fold the ones along the top of the teapot until for ease of assembly.)
3. Use tabs along the length of the teapot body to glue it into a hexagon shape.
This is what it looks like after you glued all the sides together.
4. Use the tiny tabs along the bottom of the teapot to glue the panels together, so that it tapers in.
This is what it looks like when you glue all the bottom panels together.
5. Take the hexagon shape and fold all the tabs, and glue them. Then take the piece and set it in the bottom of the teapot.
6. Fold perforations along the top of the teapot.
7. Use tabs to glue top panels together.
8. Take the little circle and stick it thru the slit on the top of the lid.
9. Turn lid over. Fold and glue the little tabs down to keep the handle in place.
10. Last step! Glue the little tabs on the side of the lid to adjacent panels.