Monday, March 15, 2010

Real Inspiration

I took some art classes in high school with a girl named Meghan. You can see her self-portrait below. She has cerebral palsy, but she hasn't ever let it stop her from doing anything she set out to do. She paints by holding the brush in her mouth. How amazing!



(images via this article from Deseret News)

And if that isn't amazing enough, she has now decided to complete a marathon and triathalon. Only problem? She needs a special wheel chair to do so. So, some of her friends are working with another organization to raise money for Meghan to get a chair. They need $1,500.00. You can donate at this site.

I am inspired by her determination! It should also be mentioned, whenever I encountered her in school she was always so happy and optimistic. I like to post on my blog about art or design that moves and inspires me but none of that cane beat this.

No comments:

Post a Comment